Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The loss of a great woman

I found out some very sad news today. Yesterday a family friend passed away after a year long battle with stomach cancer. Carol was only 57 years old and was the mother of one of my high school friends. I lost contact with them when they relocated to the east coast but Carol was not an easy women to forget. She was one of the strongest women I know. A lawyer, fierce but gentle, a wonderful mother and she loved the Lord. She is the type of woman I aspire to be. Through out high school their beautiful home was always the setting for youth groups BBQs and pool parties even after her daughter Christine graduated.


Carol was truly a beautiful woman of God and my heart breaks for her family. Her daughter Christine was just married a few months ago and praise God Carol was able to stop the chemo and be well enough to enjoy that special day. Her husband has been madly in love with her since the very beginning and his love did not fade with time. How could you not love such an amazing woman.





Carol was a blogger herself. She chronicled her journey over the last year. I began to read it today but was so overwhelmed I couldn't continue. She and her family were so faithful and trusting in the Lord through out this whole terrible process.


My heart broke when I heard of her passing but I thank God that she has gone on to be with Him and is no longer in pain and suffering. The thought of my own mother going through something like that makes me feel sick all over. It is so hard to understand why these tragedies happen. Our world is filled with such filth and cancer has been a horrible side-effect.


I am lifting up her family in prayer and hope for comfort during this time of great loss.


Carol, you have been an inspiration to many and will be greatly missed.


If you wish to read her blog here is the link.


http://carolmarshall.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Morning~ I am so sorry for this loss, she sounds like an amazing woman...isn't it funny that God takes the amazing ones? Perhaps he wants them all for himself up in heaven to make an even more beautiful place, dunno. I strive to be someone like Carol....I don't think I can read her blog though, I am deeply affected by stories such as hers..cancer funs rapid in our family and I have lost several people to it..thank you for sharing...may your memrories of her always be held at the heart~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh k!!
    i'm so sorry...my love is with you today and always!

    ReplyDelete