Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Dating In Small Town Suburbia


I used to live in a cute small town. This small town is my favorite place in the world and I frequently go there for weekend visits to escape the big city. I had to move away to get a job and do something with my life as I watched all my friends get married. I cherish those weekend trips since all my nearest and dearest friends still live in that small town and being there brings peace to my spirit, which gets overwhelmed with the smog, traffic and dirt of the city. If I could get a job in what I love, which is music, I would move back in a New York minute.


There are some drawbacks to being in a small town. I tell my close friends who beg me to move back to our beautiful little town that the only way I will move back is if there is an amazing job or an amazing man.  Since I want to raise a family in this town the amazing man part would be ideal. Well, my dear friend who I call Love has found a man she would like me to meet. He is a Christian (check that major feature off my list), a photographer (I love creative men) and just the right age and level headed too. She sent me photos of him as well as his photography and my interest peaked even more. He was cute and had an amazing talent. If he plays guitar or piano I will have to marry him.  But the story does not end here. Attempts to get us to meet have failed.


Oh but there is more. I have another dear friend, Francesca. She and Love are the only two I have trusted with this secret blog. Francesca and I actually decided together what her secret name would be. It comes from a fun day of wine tasting and a winery I will never ever go to again. Francesca has been trusted with this blog because she is going through the same stage of life as I am. She is my one and only single friend and without her to share and understand I don’t know what I would do. We seem to have the same problems and are mirroring each other in so many ways.


So, back to our original story of being set up with a small town guy. Francesca is a youth director at the church I attended when I lived in the small town. This past weekend one of the high school girls approached Francesca and told her that they had a great Christian guy to fix her up with. As she told me, you know you are desperate when this proposition from a 17-year-old girl actually interests you. The girl went on to say that she had this Christian guy who was a photographer, 27 years old… do you see where this is going? It was the very same guy Love has been trying to fix me up with! Only to Francesca and I would something like this happen and two different matchmakers would set us up with the same man. All we could do was laugh but we knew that there has to be a shortage of good Christian men.


I quickly told Love that she better get working on this set up before a high school girl beat her to it. Even if it doesn’t work out with the photographer and myself, there is a cute blond named Francesca he just might like.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it was the same guy!LOL You have to tell us if you work out your schedule and finally meet him... maybe you should cancel something and go for a date with him!!
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will gladly clear up my schedule to meet him. Its just up to A.Love to set that up. Are you reading this Love? ;)

    ReplyDelete