Monday, October 19, 2009

Naming Animals

One of my favorite websites to visit for good stories on singleness is Megan Carson. She is also a single woman who has taken to writing about singleness with some really great perspectives. A while back she talked about Adam naming all the animals in Genesis. God had decided that it wasn't good for Adam to be alone but God did not create Eve until after all the animals were named. Who knows how long that may have taken! So as God is waiting to bring my companion I will name the animals in my life.




  • Learned guitar
  • Leading a small group for two and a half years
  • Became a worship leader
  • Fell in love once
  • Had my heart broken 
  • Moving away for college
  • Traveled to Australia
  • Got to pet a kangaroo, a koala and a cheetah all in one day
  • Learned to snow board
  • Graduated College
  • Discovered my true passion: Music
  • Still have my best friends from middle school in my life
  • Traveled to Italy and France
  • Got yelled at by Vatican guards
  • Left my comfy small town for the big city
  • Sang with some of the most famous Irish folk singers in a pub in Galway, Ireland (nothing like a bunch of drunk Irishmen sing "I'll Fly Away" and "Amazing Grace")
  • Got a job working in the music industry
  • Watching my mom and step-dad get divorced
  • Was asked by my secular coworkers to lead a group prayer in a time of need
  • I have a best friend who is nothing less than my sister
  • Will become an aunt in January
  • Have been told that I am cute and have a "verbal swagger" when I drink
  • Gained 15 pounds in college, lost it, then gained it back again
  • Mentored high school girls
  • Went wine tasting in Paso Robles and Napa
  • Haven't seen my father in 8 years


I know there is so much more but this will be a taste for now. God has blessed me and grown me through so many of these things. What are your animals?




2 comments:

  1. Great post. Look at all you have done in your life. Wow you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an amazing post!!
    if you ever want to meet megan, we can do a little trip. she's pretty cool & fun :)

    ReplyDelete