Monday, October 5, 2009

I should be sleeping

It's Sunday night and I should be sleeping, but I'm not. I'm writing and listening to some new music. I don't feel ready for the work week as I didn't get much done this weekend. I was crippled all weekend due to a very intensive work out with a personal trainer who decided to focus on my legs for the whole hour (they do need the work). As a result I couldn't even sit in one spot for more than a few minutes without them cramping up.

I did get out today and did a little shopping - I was in need of a little retail therapy - and so I drove 30 minutes out to the mall that has my two favorite stores, Anthropologie and Sephora. I stopped by Gap with a 25% off coupon and bought a few things all of which I will return tomorrow. Just because you have a coupon doesn't mean you have to use it. Next off to Sephora (oh how you make me pretty...) for some new bronzer and my favorite lip gloss (Sephora #20 is awesome). Then to Anthropologie.... words cannot describe how much I love this store. After looking over all the pretty things I went straight to the sale section because I cannot afford anything else in the store until I find myself a rich husband. I walked away with a simple white blouse and a cute green sweeter vest.


I've been thinking a lot about buying a house. Not that I could afford to do that but it's been on my mind since several single women I know have just purchased their first place or are looking for one. I always thought that buying a house would happen after I got married but since that could not happen for a long long long time maybe I should think about doing it on my own. My coworker and I drove through a little neighborhood in Toluca Lake where Bob Hope lived (his wife is still there). We knew immediately which house was his since there was one property that took up a whole block and you couldn't even see a house with it was surrounded by tall bushes. Some of the houses were huge and small were small. There were so many cute houses and I loved that they were all so different. I hate planned developments and there are way too many in the valley. Each house in this neighborhood had character and history. I picked out several I wanted but I am doubting that I will be able to afford a house in Bob Hope's neighborhood. Even a really small one...

Think Santa would bring me this one for Christmas?



Oh and as I was looking for a photo of one of the cute houses in Toluca Lake I discovered that Miley Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, Zac Efron, Hilary Duff, Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens all reside in Toluca Lake. I might change my mind about living there for fear that they might all come out of their houses and run down the street singing and dancing like one big, live High School Musical/Disney Channel nightmare. What makes them think they are worthy enough to walk the streets of the great Bob Hope? What sort of horrible force is drawing all of these teen obsessions there?

5 comments:

  1. to funny! I'd love to see that!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL
    I wish I could have retail therapy'd with you!!
    Oh Anthro...why must you be so tantalizing!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a small house you can buy in Michigan for a good price. LOL
    Just sayin. That would be funny to see them all coming out singing and dancing. Scary too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... this house wouldn't happen to reside in a town that is overrun by single Christian men? You could convince me if that was the case ;)

    ReplyDelete