Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A boy update


Well, for those of you who read my 3 Strikes post last week asked for an update on the tall cute guy when I saw him again. So tonight was the night I would see him at our follow up leadership meeting. I made sure I looked super cute, put on my high heels--because I hear guys like those horrible things--and my jeans I splurged on because they make me look good. We finished up the leadership meeting then headed over for our young career group meeting. The tall cute boy walked along with me and we chatted about our week. I had my heavy laptop bag from the meeting and wanted so badly to take it to my car but I knew if I did my chances of sitting with him would be slim. So I hobbled in with the heavy bag and my high heels all for the sake of a boy. Well at least it paid off as he asked me where I was sitting (ummm... wherever you go I will go....) and we found some available seats together. During the service I came up with a little idea... (insert evil laugh here) actually its a good plan I think. Next weekend we have our young career retreat that we are both attending. Since we work about a block away from each other it would be oh so convenient to drive together after work on Friday, no? So I proposed the idea and he thought it was a great idea. Phew! I was a little nervous for a second there! So next Friday I will be spending about 2-3 hours in the car with him and hopefully it won't turn into an awkward car ride when we run out of things to talk about. I fear awkward silences. I don't have to wear my heels for that though, right?

7 comments:

  1. no heels needed. however, some of your good music mixes are needed because there won't be any silence in that!
    i'm crossing my fingers no one else invites themselves in our drive!
    :)
    Um, why didn't he carry your bag?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting for this update. Yea! So happy for you and the car ride. I agree with A.Love I hope noone else invites themselves along. I want a play by play of that retreat. How fun! Tons to talk about when you are trying to get to know someone...there will be no silence I am sure. No heels needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny. Just be yourself. If he's a keeper he will love who you are without any games or high heels necessary:) Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck and best wishes.....it sounds so exciting~all those new conversations and surprises...

    have a wonderful day~
    chasity

    ReplyDelete
  5. What happened. I am waiting for another update. Please share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No update yet. Retreat is this weekend so I'll update on Monday with what happened ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so sorry....I must have been getting ahead of myself. I thought you were off to the retreat the weekend after you posted this. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete