Friday, May 20, 2011

Online Dating

I've made a decision. I've tried almost every online dating site out there. eHarmony, Match, OK Cupid... and I have hated every moment of the experience. Never once did I have a moderately ok guy contact me. It was always weirdos or guys who are obviously players. Plus I have this rule. If you have taken a picture of yourself in the mirror to post I will immediately rule you out. Don't you have friends to take a picture of you?? Warning sign if you ask me. Also, the mortifying feeling when you get matched up with someone you know. Not only know but think is really cute and wouldn't mind if they asked you out but found them averting their eyes in embarrassment the next time you see them...

All this to say that I have decided to never join one again. No matter how tempted I get. No matter how bad that moment of weakness is I will not join. Unless I turn 35 and I'm still single I might reconsider eHarmony... I have 8 years until that happens...

Image source here

No comments:

Post a Comment